What to do While starting an online store?
There are a few things that you have to do/understand when starting an online store –
Following is a quick summary:
- You need a domain name
- You need a business email address
- A website with a shopping cart like our cloud hosted online store package
- You may need to have a design and some development for your website
- We have Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) built in so no additional costs
- Setup a Google Webmasters account
- When your website is live you may need to do Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – such as pay per click (PPC) with Google Adwords
- You may need an (recommended if you accept credit cards)
- You will need a payment gateway or payment provider and in some cases an online merchant bank account.
- You will need a shipping company like Blue dart to deliver you products
- Don’t forget the traditional business costs, taxes, charges etc.
- You will need some human resources – maybe that is just you. But if you have a full time job remember that the online business will not look after itself.
- Web analytics to track visitors and business conversion data
- Social media accounts – we recommend Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube. Although not essential social media will help you get started, and drive traffic to your online store